Saturday, February 13, 2010

Millington Tennessee

After leaving Texas we drove north, spent a night in OK (just to say we have been there) and headed to Millington, TN. As most of you know, we used to live there. Todd worked for the Corp of Engineers in Memphis and we lived on a small Navy base in Millington 30 miles north.

CAN YOU SAY COLD???

It was suppose to be a short visit, but we ended up getting iced in! YES ICE! It snowed/rained ice for 24 hours and it was a mess. We were glad we got in when we did so we could just batton down the hatches and hang out until the weather got better.







In the mean time, I looked up my friends. We had been emailing back and forth for a few weeks and I was REALLY looking forward to some girl time. There is always something going on with these women and I wanted to get in on some of it!



The storm finally subsided and my friends Liz and Kathy decided to brave the icy roads and we all went out to lunch. It was so much fun to catch up. I hadn't seen them in 7 years, so it was just awesome to hear about how they were doing, how life had changed and how it had stayed the same. Not to mention an awesome meal at the Neighborhood Bistro!



Liz, me and Kathy



The next day Liz got a bunch of ladies together and we all had a pot luck. Again, a great time to see the people I miss from TN and catch up on their lives.








Two day later was their monthly homeschool meeting, so off I went to yet another gathering. By the time I got home (well after midnight) I was thoroughly exhausted from all our long talks. But, also totally refreshed! The very next day a bunch of us went out to lunch and did some shopping.


Friday morning I got in one last visit with another dear friend Teresa for coffee at Starbucks. Later on another friend Rene showed up and sipped some coffee with us, so all in all I got my fill!! It is so nice to have some great conversation with with some amazing women. I thank all of them for giving me a boost in energy and love!!! God has blessed me with women here and there to encourage and keep me going in my walk with Him and as a homeschooler. My visit was much needed and I feel sooooo much better having spent quality time with people I truly care about.

By the end of our Millington visit my family was asking me who I was and if they had seen their mother!! HA! I was gone so much and I am so grateful for a family who understands their wife/mom.

Oh, and I thought I would tell you about one last little thing.........SKUNK! Yes, our beloved dog Konig decided that it would be fun to chase a skunk and see if he could catch it. He did, but as you know, that isn't the end of the story. Here he is, the day before the ice hit in freezing temps getting himself a bath. Doesn't he look pathetic? He was none to happy and neither was I. Peroxide, baking soda and liquid soap. Did the job about 85%. That had to be good enough since the storm hit that night and he had to come in after being banned for the day.



XO Mom

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, those pictures of ice are amazing. Glad you had some catch up time. Such a blessing! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete