Friday, September 4, 2009

Alaska or Bust

Sorry it took so long to write. Okay let`s see here. After Hyder we headed up through the Yukon Territory and then on the potholed roads to Tok Alaska, (thankfully the R.V. didn’t fall apart while we were driving over them) where we spent the time just hanging out, and getting postcards. Z-man and Daddy had a great time taking pictures of the little store that sold “Reindeer hotdogs” and mommy and daddy at reindeer chili that night, Toley and I were horrified. We finally made it to the post where our campsite was in Anchorage. We stopped at the commissary and BX/PX to get some (a ton) of groceries. Z-man thinks I eat too much. “Hey I`m growing!” When we got to our campsite it was about 1:00pm. We hung out and then went to bed peacefully, not knowing what Dad had planned for us the next day!

The following day, Sunday, we biked to the church on post. It was only about a mile; which was easy compared what we did after that! A couple hours later (after church) we needed some more things. So we all biked to the commissary which was right next to the PX. That took, with Kik, about 15-20 min, with the wind against us. When we finally got there we sat down in the food court to do some computer stuff. Pretty tempting. We ate lunch there. While Z-man stayed with his beloved computer the rest of us went shopping in the PX. When we were getting ready to leave I was in a great panic trying to find my helmet which, of course, was on my head. When we got home Dad decided to do some bike maintenance stuff with us (Our bikes had taken a beating from all the pot holes in Canada). This also included the two girls. “C`mon it`s good for ya!” AHHHH Too many bikes!! Kik enjoyed it though, teaching me how to pump up a tire. A couple days later Toley and I were taking the dog for a walk in the woods right next us, where I stepped on a mushroom that popped and green smoke came out of it. I must say I was a bit frightened, we also found some Meese (Moose) droppings. I think that’s what they were. It was nice staying in one place for more then……a day. Not worrying about packing up all the time. Well I think Toley is going to update next.

Tata for now,
Pooh

1 comment:

  1. Pooh,

    I enjoy your posts! Thanks for taking the time to write. Sounds like your dad is trying to build some character in you too! Keep on biking :) xoxo mommy

    ReplyDelete