Thursday, September 24, 2009

Toley vs. The Bike

Experiences with the bike are … well let’s just say, biking isn’t my favorite. I don’t mind taking a nice little stroll through the woods on a nice warm day. But we tend to fly by on the side of the road in freezing weather for miles. Z-man says I’m wimpy and just to wait a couple years till he goes to college and then I’ll build some real character, so I’m not looking forward to that day very much.

While we were in Mqt. I got lost in the small little campsite and the other day my bike fell on me while I was petting the dog. Then two days ago we were biking home from the pool and I ran into a stop sign. Thankfully a bruised knee was all I suffered. Although, one time while biking home from the PX we saw meese while biking on a bridge (One goose; two geese-One, Moose; two meese). There was a Mama and baby and we got some good snapshots of them both. They crossed right in front of the bike path. Mom made us back up because Mama moose can charge when their babies are around. All went well though and we were really excited from seeing wild meese.

I guess maybe something good can come out of biking, occasionally

~*~Toley~*~

2 comments:

  1. Bird,
    Just wait until your dad takes you cross-country skiing. Now that is something to really look forward to. If you enjoy it a million times more than I did, you will still never want to do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished reading all of your posts to get caught up on the journey. You know I am terrible at getting on the computer. I am loving reading posts from each of you. I can hear your personalities in your writing. I will say, I didn't realize that Z was quite so witty!!!! The girls are very well written and I love to experience the way they see the world. They are growing up to be such compassionate and caring young ladies. I love Dad's facts and Mom's insights. Thank you so much. It makes me miss you terribly.....love, Jen

    ReplyDelete