Friday, August 14, 2009

Hi all,



We have only been on the road for 3 days, but I (mommy) have learned A LOT! First, Kik can talk! WOW! Not that I haven't noticed this before, but when you are in confined quarters he just keeps on going :) I can't possibly list all the things we have talked about, but one of the more intersting conversations was about things your body can and can not live without. Lets just say that Kik was quite surprised that he could NOT live without his brain and heart and that he COULD live without his ears, eyes and hands!



Second thing I have learned is that when it is hot out and you are in a small place with 6 people, well, you get crabby! I have tried very hard not to be crabby, and I know God is trying to teach me something through this trial, but I am a slow learner.



Third, if you go too fast over a speed bump things start falling out all over the place! Our whole medicine cabinet came open. Surprisingly nothing broke.



Fourth, and I guess I need to preface this by saying that our family hasn't eaten at a fast food restaraunt in 8 years -- we avoid them at all cost. But I am beginning to see the pull toward them! Many times the thought of cooking after a 6 hour drive is not very appealing. So far so good.

4 comments:

  1. Stay strong, Susan Laura. Avoid the Golden Arches as if they are the plague themselves. And when the temptation is seemingly too great, get your dead-beat hubby to pick up a pan and cook dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think at the end of a hard day a beautiful Double Whopper with cheese, large fries and a chocolate shake. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regarding #4 Hang in there, my dear. You are a very special Mom, and crabby is part of it. Remember what a great experience this is for all of you. And when your children are old, they will still talk about it, and love the time they had with each other. Safe trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should have sent Nate with you. He and Kik could have had a talking contest. Enjoyed the post. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete